The Municipal Archive of Pego collects the documentation produced and generated over time by the town council of Pego, and also by other various documents that are incorporated through donations or acquisitions, with the guarantee of conservation, organization and service to the public.
It functions as an internal and external information and historical research center for Pego open to researchers as well as the general public.
The bottom of the archive is made up of all the documentation from the activity of the council and then Pego Town Hall, from the middle of the 15th century to the present day.
Extreme dates 1488-1980.
- Property books since the 15th century.
- Council proceedings from 1555.
- Books of justice since the 16th century.
- Correspondence, registers, elections, accounting, fifths.... The continuity of the documentary series stands out.
Peita books from 1488, 1539 and 1616.
Services and activities
- Consultation in the room.
- Inquiry by email.
- Genealogical consultation.
- Local history workshops.
- "Carmel Giner Bolufer" study days.
- Cycles of historical memory.
News from the Municipal Archive of Pego
/// Tuesday, February 13, 2023
WELCOME DONATION AND MARI CARMEN ORTOLÀ MORENO TO THE MUNICIPAL ARCHIVE OF PEGO
The Ortolà Moreno sisters have made an important donation to the archive thanks to their mother, Bienvenida Moreno, who with her tireless work and great love for the town collected, saved and preserved these documents so valuable for the history of Pego.
Among the many things that have been given to us, we can highlight the original photograph of the construction of the Graduate Schools in 1931 and the collection of the weekly El Eco de la Marina.
Thank you so much.